Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SUPRISE !


About 45 minutes into our Poutine adventure today at the Bar an older man came up to me and handed me this painting. He was an artist- in his late 40's (ish?) and had drawn/painted me from accross the terrace. O' la la. Although reluctant I had to go over and say thank you for the beautiful paiting. We spoke only for a little because of the language barreir, he was quite the character
 I began
"Im Sorry I do not know much French but thank you, Merci, for the painting its beautiful, tre bien!"
then he says
"Ah well I do not understand much English, but I understand beauty and I understand your face"
a realll (pickup) artist
I glanced over to his table - he was 3/4 into a pitcher of Sangria - that explained it all !

Our conversation went on a few minutes more but due to the lack of a common language it basically just repeated that a bunch with a few random other words
He seemed to be quite the character and if it wernt for the language barrier, unfamiliar city and other safety issues I would have loved to have a conversation with him over some sangria because I bet he could tell some crazy stories and I liked his style !
(and by style I mean straight chillen at a local bar during happy hour sippin on a pitcher (not just a glass a pitcher) of sangria and painting random mini-paintings of whatever/whoever he felt like to give away at his leisure)

No comments:

Post a Comment