Friday, July 8, 2011

Le Biodome

Thursday we went to the Biodome. I didn't know anything about it before we went- all this french learning and online english 302 has taken up all my usual googling/planning time. So I was pleased to find out its basically a really awesome giant dome (as it sounds like) leftover from when it was used as the space for indoor cycling in the Olympics, and now its basically like a big zoo- but the animals arnt really in cages. You walk a path and they are in a seperate area but theres nothing really seperating you. It also creates the enviornment of where the animal is from (so half of it is like walking through the rainforest- hott humid and loud) I loved this place, its always fun to see animals !
 Me out front in that tourist pose that I can't stop making
 this is what the inside looked like
 we saw loud parrots
and glow fish
 the fish made me miss Stella (my fish)
We also got to walk through a batcave. Below is what I would look like if I were a bat
 adorable little monkey with the cutest face- but I think he knew how cute his face was because everytime I tried to take a picture he would turn or cover his face- he was playing hard to get (and won)
 I think that it was turtle mating season because every turtle (or rather group of turtles) I saw (about 4 or 5 different groups) were positioned as so:
 Stella I found a new home for you !
 We got to see cute energetic puffins
 and penguins ! (and a real live Biodome employee !)

 I think this fish could sense that I am a fish lover- he came right up to me.
Stella <3

and ofcourse I ended the outing by doing my tourist pose one last time infront of the sign on the way out

Hooray Biodome!

No comments:

Post a Comment