Sunday, July 3, 2011

First D(eh)

This morning I left for dulles airport with my mom, nervous but excited for the next 6 weeks. My flight was just 1 hour and went by fast -it was smooth sailing ! Then I left the Montreal airport and ofcourse once stepping foot on land is when the 'smooth sailing' quickly dissappeared. I met up with 2 people I recognized from the program at the airport we split a cab (taken style) to what we thought was the address but alas it was the wrong UQUAM dorms, on the homeless, sex shop side of town ...which I have to admit I had mixed feelings about leaving. We took our bags around the block and down the street to another UQUAM building (the college is in the city so theres random buildings scattered throughout) only to find we were on the wrong side of town, got another cab and then arrived for our 4 o clock check in time, we were checked in promptly.... at 7:05pm...blech  below is a picture of the neon yellow lobby


 ..the setting of this all. After that I went to dinner with my roomate and her super nice (and ridiculously well-prepared...like seriously they thought of everything!) family to an awesome steakhouse called Gibbys, explored a little bit of old Montreal and then walked back through the jazz festival in the center of the city to our dorms. Dorm sweet dorm.

Yes, I am aware that this surely wasn't the most excited post and yes, maybe I still do have a nervous tone but I am looking to improve, surely/hopfully in the days that come these post will be a bit more exciting. As I travel out into the city and away from the neon yellow lobby so will this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment